We are seeking a skilled and commercially experienced full-time Web Developer who is highly skilled in both frontend and backend development, using WordPress as their primary framework. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes web development, and can demonstrate their passion for this field.
The successful candidate will be working both independently and as part of a collaborative team on a variety of web development projects.
The candidate will be required to work closely with a diverse range of clients and other stakeholders and take part in various stages of projects, from quoting and planning to launch and maintenance.
As well as client work, we are also starting to focus on developing our own products; in the near-future, we will be re-launching a well-known custom-fields plugin, as well as a number of other plugins and tools.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years commercial experience in a similar role and possess a robust skillset in:
- WordPress custom frontend template development
- WordPress plugin development
- GIT or other version control
- 3rd party API integration
Sound working knowledge and experience with WHM/cPanel servers would be highly desirable.
Other essential attributes required in this role include:
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- An ability to work within budgets
- Relaxed vibe with Spotify running daily (or choose to bring your own headphones)
- Friday arvo beers, and occasional pub/pizza lunches
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work alongside a team of talented Developers, IT Technicians and Directors.
- Encouraged to help grow and develop the business.
- Our brand new office has great natural light, chillout spaces, and overlooks a park
- With lift access to the second floor, our office is wheelchair-friendly
- Our location is central and easy to get to - just minutes from the CBD, enjoy free parking, bike lockup, or use the bus stop just meters away (or train a short walk away)
- Shower and personal lockers
- Great coffee available all day
- Kitchen facilities (fridge/oven/sandwich press/toaster/blender), or explore the options nearby (Vietnamese cafe directly below, Minestra nearby and Prospect Road only a short walk away)
- An appropriate wage which will be based on your experience and skill-set
Please note that if you are shortlisted, we will request to see website you have built previously, and samples of code you have written. This will include HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/MySQL. Please include a Github link or other code repository in your cover letter to help with our process!